Can Survey 123 recognize location and pull answers from past surveys?

05-17-2017 04:44 AM
MikalaRandich
New Contributor II

I'm trying to develop a Survey123 for on-site inspections at various locations. My supervisor's ideal vision wants the field inspector to arrive to the site, the app/tablet to be able to geolocate where the inspector is, and pre-populate the survey questions with the answers from the previous survey for each distinct site, so answers only need to be changed if something on that site has changed. Has anybody done something similar or know if this is possible? I'm somewhat new to working with Survey123 so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mikala

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mikala,

> My supervisor's ideal vision wants the field inspector to arrive to the site, the app/tablet to be able to geolocate where the inspector is, and pre-populate the survey questions with the answers from the previous survey for each distinct site, so answers only need to be changed if something on that site has changed.

Yes, this workflow is possible with Survey123 for ArcGIS. Starting with the v2.0 release, you can update and edit data from previously submitted surveys. To learn more, please see this blog,

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/04/27/chernobyl-remembrance-day-release-20 

(specifically, look at the section: Added support for editing survey responses)

Hope this helps,

MikalaRandich
New Contributor II

Hi Derek,

Thank you for the information, that helps greatly!

0 Kudos