Feature count difference after downloading shapefile from AGOL

Jump to solution
05-16-2017 11:51 PM
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have hosted a feature layer in AGOL and I wanted to download that feature layer, so I have exported the feature layer data to a shape file and Downloaded. When I open the downloaded shapefile using ArcMap, it's showing less feature count compare to the existed feature layer in AGOL.

Actual feature layer count: 40045 features

Downloaded shapefile: 428 features

Is there any possibility like feature count will reduce when download the feature layer?

Could anyone suggest me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Ibrahim.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Ibrahim,

Are you specifying a specific extent when downloading? Are you exporting the data from the details page or using the export data tool? If you are downloading from the details page, all features should be included. Contact Support services to look into the issue if this seems to be happening.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Ibrahim,

Are you specifying a specific extent when downloading? Are you exporting the data from the details page or using the export data tool? If you are downloading from the details page, all features should be included. Contact Support services to look into the issue if this seems to be happening.

-Kelly

Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I got the same no. of features when I download from Details page of AGOL.

Thanks

Reagrds,

Ubrahim

0 Kudos
GirishYadav1
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly Gerrow‌,

I have a hosted Feature Layer with ~200K records. When I use "Export Features" or "Export Table" tool in ArcPro, it downloads only 12K records.

Is there a reason behind this behavior?

Thanks,

Girish

0 Kudos