show/ hide vertices

05-17-2017 05:05 PM
JohnSpry1
New Contributor II

In ArcMap you can press the v key to show/ hide vertices in features, this is useful when snapping/ tracing features.

Is there a similar shortcut in ArcGIS Pro?

Also when tracing holding down the spacebar in ArcMap used to disable snapping again useful when using the trace tool, is this possible in ArcGIS Pro?

11 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't find the exact functionality, but you could have a look at Tips and shortcuts—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

and Keyboard shortcuts for editing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Think Location
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi John - so a mixed response here.  I'm working with an early BETA of ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and the V shortcut for vertexes is not there in my release.  It might be in the Final 2.0 but I don't know for sure.  With regard to tracing, yes this is supported in 2.0 BETA.

AndrewMcHalpine
New Contributor II

I'm glad that I'm not the only person with this question, as I greatly miss that functionality. Would be nice to have someone from ESRI comment on this! 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I miss it too.

There's no equivalent in Pro yet but its on the list. The V key has been hijacked by navigation.

JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

This is planned for Pro 2.3.  We are still finalizing the shortcut key to use since V is no longer available.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jennifer Cadkin, has a new shortcut key been implemented instead of "V"?

JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

Yes, at 2.3 the "T" shortcut key will show vertices while sketching.  

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Yay!!! I just tried it and it works! This is wonderful!

recreation celebration explosion celebrate fireworks illustration holidays event outdoor recreation

JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

John,

Starting with Pro 2.3, you can use the "T" shortcut key to show vertices while sketching.

For your second question, the spacebar will suspend snapping while tracing as well as when using other editing tools.  The exception is freehand.  For the freehand construction tool, the spacebar will initiate snapping.  Space bar to suspend snapping is available in earlier releases of Pro.

Thanks for the question.

-Jennifer