Show points on route OD-matrix

05-18-2017 09:47 AM
RogierBusscher
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

Sort of a similar question as my previous one, but there is a difference between them, so i decided to ask them separately.

I have solved an OD-matrix for a multimodal network. (walking and metro)

However, I would like to know at which metro station each 'commuter' got of to proceed his trip further by walking. 

Would it be possible to obtain this information in an easy way?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Rogier

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello again, Rogier.  The OD Cost Matrix solver does not preserve the "traversal result", the actual network path from the origin to the destination.  So, you will not be able to determine which transit stops were used.  However, if you use the Closest Facility solver or Route solver, you CAN access the "traversal result" by using the Copy Traversed Source Features tool.  This tool will create feature classes showing the network edges, junctions, and turns that were used in the route, and you could extract which metro stop was used from the junctions feature class.

0 Kudos
RogierBusscher
New Contributor II

So i guess i can make the closest facility solver behave like the OD-cost matrix solver by setting the amount of facilities to find to the actual number of destinations?

This way i would have the same data as with the OD-solver, but with the actual routes included.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos