I have high resolution (30m) LULC map tiles (form globallandcover.com) covering quite a large area but after mosaicking to a new raster I get huge gaps between the tiles.

Jump to solution
05-18-2017 07:37 PM
MeldebekovaGauhar
New Contributor II

I have high resolution (30m) LULC map tiles (from globallandcover.com) covering quite a large area but after mosaicking to a new raster I get huge gaps between the tiles.   I tried to remove black edges from mosaicked .tif LULC using "Build footprints" in  ArcMap, however when I try to add mosaicked LULC raster it says "One or more dropped items were invalid and will not be added to the control". How can I solve this issue? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeldebekovaGauhar
New Contributor II

jayanta.poddar‌ I have mosaicked the tiles from the beginning again but specified Mosaic Operator as Maximum, and it worked, now black frames now! I am new to GIS and still learning. Thank You for your feedback, which is also very helpful!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you use the method mentioned in How To: Remove black or white borders from rasters in a mosaic dataset ?

Do you still see the gap?

Think Location
MeldebekovaGauhar
New Contributor II

jayanta.poddar‌ I have mosaicked the tiles from the beginning again but specified Mosaic Operator as Maximum, and it worked, now black frames now! I am new to GIS and still learning. Thank You for your feedback, which is also very helpful!