Text Background does not follow the labels correctly Question.

05-18-2017 11:19 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

How do I keep all the boxes inside of the labels to follow align with the labels...

Each line has their own name and were set up as a Regular Placement but set to Curved position. The text symbol I set to as a text background to black and white.  I am working on this for the Ski Cooper Ski Trails out in Colorado. 

Problem is the Boxes does not align with the labels and how do I fix it ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ChristopherMcClain
Occasional Contributor II

Not sure that is possible with the regular labeling tools.  You might want to consider using a Halo around the text.

Can be found Layer Properties>Labels>Edit Symbols>Mask

This will allow you to highlight your labels while minimizing what's covered. 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I agree with cmcclain‌... Halo Effect is what you need.

Think Location
0 Kudos
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Maybe just using a white mask instead of a background would be more appropriate in this instance. 

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

One thing I forgot about is the Annotation. Would that be possible if I convert it to Annotation and would that Background work ?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Halo Effect should work even when the labels are converted to annotation.

Think Location
0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I think there must be a way around to do this, so I spent some time figuring  it out and found what this works...

You do need to change the placement properties to  set Street Placement and set it to Centered Straight.

Here is the screenshot

So the only two problem is the Lower Last Chance and Peek a Boo that still showed expanded boxes...

IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

It looks like those are the only two remaining that still have some curve in the text to make them fit.  The rest the text is straight so it is able to create a single rectangle around them. 

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Yes and then you can converted to Annotation and fix them and that is what I am doing right now...

When I am done I will re-screenshot the map and share with anyone...

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Here is the update I have been working on it., Not bad ...

0 Kudos