Merge Rastafiles and sort after value

05-19-2017 04:59 AM
FelixSchwarz
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm just starting to work with the software programm ArcGis and want to merge about 20 different rasta files containing the distribution of european tree species. They all have different values related to their distribution level, i want to combine them in one layer but only the dominant species, should be presented, so if there are different species in one grid cell only the one with the highest value should be presented, furthermore I want to make a time-related map, using a simple coefficient, just saying that for example broadleave areas are shrinking since the 1950s.

Best regards and thanks for the help.

F. Schwarz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

let's start with cell statistics using maximum to get the raster with the max at a location

FelixSchwarz
New Contributor

But after cell statistics using maximum the data is already merged in one file. In the end it's supposed to look like this, but I don't know how to get there.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Because you included all the time steps, then that would be correct.  you indicate you want to time animate this... which means you have to use cell statistics X times adding one time step during each iteration.  For example start with 1950 this is your base time period... then do cell statistics with you 1950 and 1951, then 1950, 51, 52, then 1950,51, 52, 53.... etc.  In this manner you will have X rasters each representing the maximum at that time period.  

If this is not the case, then you need to present some case values showing the sequence in values of 'dominant' for you time steps.

FelixSchwarz
New Contributor

There is no time data included yet, I Need to create new time data but at the moment I just want to sort them after their Pixel value at a first step right now they are just sorted after their listing, so always the layer that stands at the top is shown, but the layer with the highest pixelvalue at one spot is supposed to be represented in the map.

After using cell statistics they are all merged in one file, but not seperated, so that I can not Change for example the colour of one single species.

0 Kudos