Story Maps Shortlist builder next release?

Jump to solution
05-19-2017 09:04 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I know there is a tentative date for the Shortlist Story Map Builder update to be released at the end of June (thanks Rupert Essinger!)  I just wondered if there was any chance at all of it being updated before that?

I'm working on a Story Map that is for a series of events starting on 3rd of June, and it would be absolutely amazing if the iOS bug was sorted before that.

Thanks in advance for anything that can be done.

Helen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Helen, that Cergy Soit Shortlist is a nice one. It uses the earlier version of the Story Map Shortlist, version 1,  that was provided just as a source code download that authors could self-host. They did a nice customization of the header of the app too. The Shortlist beta that is hosted in ArcGIS Online uses updated code from that one.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Helen, the ArcGIS Online update scheduled for the end of June is the earliest we can update the hosted Story Map apps. We have logged the iOS issue you mentioned here: Story Map Shortlist iOS issue  and hope to address it in that update. Sorry about the issue with the beta.

As Story Map apps are open source I should also mention that users have the advanced option to download, change/tweak, and self-host the source code to deploy our apps. In the case of this particular issue on iOS I'm not sure at this point though how easy or possible it would be to apply a fix in our code yourself. 

Rupert

0 Kudos
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Rupert,

I had a look at downloading and hosting the code, but I think it's beyond my capabilities at the moment.  I did notice however that this Story Map: Festival Cergy, Soit!  doesn't have the same issue with iOS devices; I'm guessing this is hosted outside of AGOL as there are other customatisations.  I wondered if that might help to isolate the cause of the bug?

Thanks again for your help,

Helen

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Helen, that Cergy Soit Shortlist is a nice one. It uses the earlier version of the Story Map Shortlist, version 1,  that was provided just as a source code download that authors could self-host. They did a nice customization of the header of the app too. The Shortlist beta that is hosted in ArcGIS Online uses updated code from that one.

Rupert

0 Kudos