HEC-GeoHMS: Watershed could not be delineated from the outlet point!

05-20-2017 06:06 AM
Labels (1)
TanjaMeis1
New Contributor

I got the following problem by working with your HEC-GeoHMS program.
I want to analyze the watershed that drains to the stream gage. So I select in the HEC-GeoHMS toolbar --> Project Setup --> Start New Project.
I defined a new project and named an outlet point.
Then I wanted to generate a project (--> Project Setup --> Generate Project).
Now I get the following error message: Watershed could not be delineated from the outlet point!

This problem occurs in ArcGIS software 10.2.2 and 10.4. I have done all steps like in the User’s Manual Chapter 13.
Is there any solution for this problem?

5 Replies
FELIXKASITI
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I am Using Arcgis 10.2.2

0 Kudos
TanjaMeis1
New Contributor

Have you solve the problem?

0 Kudos
BaharSalavati
New Contributor

I had the same problem. Verify your AdjointCatchment, for me it was empty! And not forget that the layers should be save in the Geodatabase.

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

One thing that may be contributing to this is the presence of spaces and a potentially restricted character (the dash) in the file paths.  Remedy this for your Flow Direction Grid by adding underscores to Neuer Ordner where there are spaces and just to be safe remove the dash. Check all your other data to see if this is an issue.

Raster processes have much more specific file naming conventions than typical GIS files, so this could be what is causing the problem.  Unfortunately, there is not an explicit error that will come up advising the user that spaces and restricted characters are present and therefore causing a problem.

Output raster formats and names—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
shraypathak
New Contributor

I was also facing the same problem, but then I have installed Arc-GIS 10.1 and along with the Arc-Hydro tools 10.1 and Hec-GeoHMS 10.1. Also, try to create the input files from Arc-Hydro tools and then proceed directly to the step where you have to create project ("Project Setup"). For that, initially you have to input all the files in the Data Management of the Project Setup toolbar.

0 Kudos