ArcMap 10.3 Toolbar are moving when they are docked

Jump to solution
05-22-2017 06:02 AM
Labels (1)
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

Has anyone else experienced issues with the toolbars mysteriously moving around within ArcMap?

Having to rearrange the 10-15 toolbars is somewhat of a pain. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, or if I am alone of having this issue.

If anyone knows of a way to keep the format of toolbars in case they decide to move around again, please advise.

I'm not sure the best place to put the question so I included it in Mapping and Charting.

Brandon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There's a long discussion about moving toolbars in many different versions, including 10.x: https://community.esri.com/thread/96249 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Brandon,

Check the following to troubleshoot the issue:

I hope this helps,

Regards,

~S

~Shan
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You indicate that you are using ArcMap 10.3... I can't remember back that far, but I have never experienced toolbar migration in 10.4, 10.4.1 or 10.5.  Operating system Windows 10.  What else is in your environment and has the problem existed just for 10.3? or for prior versions?

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There's a long discussion about moving toolbars in many different versions, including 10.x: https://community.esri.com/thread/96249 

BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

Shantonu,

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have a triple monitor set up and ArcMap is always running on my main screen. Just as a frame of reference, this has only happened twice on my computer and once on another user's computer. 

It seems to be hit and miss of the toolbar migration. I've tried all of your suggestions before asking this question...and just decided to drag and drop them to the correct positions.

Dan,

I am running a sufficient enough computer with Windows 7. I have only noticed this problem with 10.3 as well.

Thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem with ArcMap 10.6.1 on Windows 10. So annoying!

0 Kudos
BrandonLee1
New Contributor III

It's been about 6 months since my toolbars have moved, but now I am on ArcMap 10.6 and still using Windows 7.

So to recap - Both ArcMap 10.3.1 and 10.6 have produced mysteriously moving toolbars while on Windows 7.  I ended up taking a screenshot of my ArcMap session and stashing the photo away so I can re-organize them once it happens again... if it does.

0 Kudos