Live streaming

05-24-2017 06:21 AM
PawelWiacek
New Contributor

Hi!

Is it possible to use FMV with live streaming video and metadata? How I can achieve it?

Thanks for help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Pawel

Yes, the FMV add in supports adding and displaying a live stream.  See the user documentation at http://esriurl.com/FMV132Manual - you add the live stream in the video manager window.  To play a live video stream, you will need either the UDP, RTSP, or MJPG address of the video stream; enter the stream address under "File/Add Video Stream"

Cody B. 

PawelWiacek
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but I have another case. I have one video stream without any metadata and another stream with gps and gimbal data. So my question is: Is it possible to merge this two streams and use FMV in real time?

Best regards!

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Pawel

No, this is not possible.  FMV requires the MISB metadata to know how to place your video onto the map.  If you have GPS and gimbal data, you can merge those into the video using the Multiplexer (Geoprocessing tool) but that cannot be done in real time.

Cody

PawelWiacek
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your disappointing answer! So I have another question. Do you know any C/C++ library or another sources which enable merging video with metadata to create MISB video in real time?

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Pawel

No, I've never heard of an implementation like this on a client system.  Any realtime processing I'm aware of is completed on board the sensor system.  I don't know if any of the sensor manufacturers publish an API for doing this, but I would expect they're all very sensor-specific (and most likely proprietary).

Cody B.  

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Pawel

I just learned about this component.  I believe it will do what you are seeking

Makito Air | Haivision | Enterprise Video Solutions 

Cody B

0 Kudos
NeilHavermale
New Contributor II

Yes, you can consider MediaGeotagger or MediaMapper Mobile to create content.. If you want simple video server that allows FMV via ArcGIS Server contact us as well?

Red Hen 970-493-3952

0 Kudos