Feature Search Displays popup Incorrect

06-02-2017 09:57 AM
DerekHoshijo1
New Contributor II

I have published a service to our Portal using one of our SDE layers from an enterprise gdb. I've created a webmap and added this service to it and configured the popup to display a custom list of attributes. When I click on the the polygon the popup display is correct in the webmap and app that I configured using the web appbuilder. 

However, when I use feature search option to browse to a feature the popup changes the configuration of some of the attributes in the web app only. I have two fields in the popup where the data type is a double and they are set to display only 2 decimals through the webmap popup configuration settings. Using the feature search option in the web app returns the full 11 digits behind the decimal. 

Is there anyway to have the web app return the same result as the web map?

Additionally, when using the feature search on the webmap in ArcGIS Explorer the feature search returns the search field as a float rather than the actual data type of Long Integer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!#

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Is your web map public? If so can you share the link so we can test out this issue? 

0 Kudos
DerekHoshijo1
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately the company I work for is very protective over their data so none of this data is publicly accessible.

However, I can provide some screenshots to illustrate the point. Attached are series of screenshots showing the unexpected behavior. In order the 3 screen shots below are the popup display, the feature search popup display, and how explorer adds decimals to the value I am searching.  

The Format is configured to show only 2 decimal places but I am getting inconsistent results depending on how I open the popup(clicking vs feature search). The datatype for Pblk Num is a Long Integer and is the field we are using for feature search. I am not sure why Explorer is appending the decimals to this value when using feature search in the app. 

We are using a SQL Server and are on 10.4.1 

If you need anymore info let me know and I will do my best to provide it to you. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I ran a few tests with various datasets and can't reproduce the issue using the default popup and search in the web app builder. Might be worth asking in the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/web-appbuilder?sr=search&searchId=994065bb-5ce8-445... space to see if anyone else has run into this issue. 

0 Kudos