Geometry reference system, Big Data Store logging

06-07-2017 03:07 AM
ChristophKisfeld
New Contributor

I have a 10.5 Geoevent setup with an Elasticsearch Big Data Store on a separate host.

Question 1: I'm pushing events over a TCP Socket in a comma separated list. After some trial and error I found that the geometry format looks something like this:

...,othervalue,"51.0,7.2",othervalue,...

Is it possible to specify a CRS here, maybe en EPSG code, Z value...? I couldn't find detailed documentation on how data types have to be formatted.

Question 2: One of my Elasticsearch BDS writers failed to output data, the cause of this was that I put an "Update Features" instead of "Add Features" output.

While looking for the cause of this, I noticed that the logs on my server (C:\...\logs\example.com\elasticlog) were always empty (0 byte). The ArcGIS Server/GeoEvent Manager's logs didn't show anything useful either on "DEBUG".

I tried to change the log level in \elasticsearch_2.3.2\config\logging.yml from "ERROR" to "DEBUG", but that didn't change anything -- How can I log failed INSERT and UPDATE attempts in the Elasticsearch BDS?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristophKisfeld
New Contributor

I solved problem number 1.

Input connector settings:

• Construct Geometry From Fields:    Yes
  • X Geometry Field: x
  • Y Geometry Field: y
  • Z Geometry Field: (empty)
  • WKID Field or Default WKID: wkid

GeoEvent Definition corresponding fields:

• x - Float
  • y - Float
  • wkid - Integer
  • geometry - Geometry (last field in the definition)

Then submit your data like this (in case of the TCP input reader), the "geometry" is simply left out (already supplied from x,y data):

x         y         wkid
otherdata,1234.1234,5678.5678,25832‍‍