Reading data from CSV

06-08-2017 05:44 AM
AlBow
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I've a CSV file with a list of ID numbers. What I'd like to do is to read the column ID from the CSV and load all the values in a "select_one" combo on my form in Survey123.

I know how to read the CSV file using "pulldata" function and "calculate" field in my XLSForm to retrieve values according to a key, but in this case there is no key: I just want to load a list of data reading an external file, instead of copying all the data in my "choice" sheet of the XLSForm. I've tried using pulldata in "constraints" field but without success....

Any ideas? Thanks a lot

7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Al,

Unfortunately, we do not support the functionality as you describe it at this time.  The closest would be to implement the values you describe as external selects, which as you note requires copying the values into the XLSForm.  I've added your request to enhancement for a 'search' function, which would implement what you describe.

AlbertoLaurenti1
New Contributor II

Thanks James. That funcionality could be very useful! Hope to see it in a next release.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alberto,

Just letting you know that in the latest 3.12 beta builds available on the Survey123 Early Adopter Community we have made significant improvements to large choice lists which improve the survey load time in both Connect and the field app.

On top of this there are now some new ways you can manage your choice lists dynamically and update them without having to republish the survey, meaning choice lists can now be populated and updated dynamically from a CSV file or hosted table shared in ArcGIS or directly from a feature service using the search() function. Please check out the latest announcement on EAC and test out these new beta features with the latest 3.12 beta builds.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

James is an Idea needed so people can vote this up?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I'm not seeing one that looks appropriate on the Ideas site; feel free to add one in.

0 Kudos
SimonLange
New Contributor II

Hi all,

James Tedrick‌ I have the exact same issue - has there been anything updated to fix something like this in the last versions of Survey123 since the original post?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

Does he pulldata function work in webforms as well? 

Thanks

0 Kudos