Saved Failed in Shortlist Builder when edited by group members

Jump to solution
06-09-2017 11:58 AM
AllisonKampbell
New Contributor III

I have a hosted shortlist application and I would like multiple editors to contribute.  I have created a group that allows members to update items based on the esri blog post: http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2015/07/14/enable-colleagues-to-update-your-maps-and-apps/

I then shared the web map and application with this editor group.  When members of the group try to edit and save, they get the red Saved Failed.  So far only the owner can save this application.  

Is it possible to have multiple people to update the Shortlist builder?

Thanks!

Allison 

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Allison

Sorry about the issue and slow response to your post. What you describe is a bug in Shortlist that we have fixed in the latest ArcGIS Online update, which happened last night (Tues 27 June 2017). The bug prevented people other than the owner of the Shortlist from editing a Shortlist in an Organization, either when someone with 'admin' or 'edit any' rights  in the Organization tried to edit the Shortlist, or when a member of a 'collaboration group' within the Organization (see this blog post) tried to edit the Shortlist. So this should work now. .As this is cloud, you automatically get the update, so there's nothing you need to do except refresh your web browser.

One thing to note: in order for someone other than the owner to edit a Shortlist or a Map Tour, the web map in which the Shortlist or Tour stories its places also has to be accessible and editable by them. So in the case of a collaboration group both the app and its associated web map has to be shared into the group. If you aren't sure which web map your Shortlist app is associated with, you can go to My Stories, find your Shortlist, click the Maps tab in its entry,  and then click the Edit Map button to launch the map in ArcGIS Online.

Hope that helps.

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Allison

Sorry about the issue and slow response to your post. What you describe is a bug in Shortlist that we have fixed in the latest ArcGIS Online update, which happened last night (Tues 27 June 2017). The bug prevented people other than the owner of the Shortlist from editing a Shortlist in an Organization, either when someone with 'admin' or 'edit any' rights  in the Organization tried to edit the Shortlist, or when a member of a 'collaboration group' within the Organization (see this blog post) tried to edit the Shortlist. So this should work now. .As this is cloud, you automatically get the update, so there's nothing you need to do except refresh your web browser.

One thing to note: in order for someone other than the owner to edit a Shortlist or a Map Tour, the web map in which the Shortlist or Tour stories its places also has to be accessible and editable by them. So in the case of a collaboration group both the app and its associated web map has to be shared into the group. If you aren't sure which web map your Shortlist app is associated with, you can go to My Stories, find your Shortlist, click the Maps tab in its entry,  and then click the Edit Map button to launch the map in ArcGIS Online.

Hope that helps.

Rupert

0 Kudos