Cascading select with autocomplete and choice filter

Jump to solution
06-15-2017 06:56 AM
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

When I set "autocomplete" appearance for a cascade select question and a choice filter, there is no way to type any character in the text field. Did I miss something?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Mike.  As you point out this issue is known and we are working on a fix.

We currently have a fix available for testing in our Survey123 for ArcGIS  Early Adopters Website. You will find in there build 2.2.x   At the moment when I write this response we have the builds available for Windows, Mac and Android.  The iOS build, which we will make available via Apple's Test Flight is expected to be available for testing either later today or tomorrow.

Our release certification testing will start shortly. This will allow us to make this fix available in general release before the end of June (around the 26th).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stefano, there was a small bug introduced with the last update and the quick fix is to change the appearance of the question from {autocomplete} to minimal, minimal-compact, or horizontal-compact, or horizontal and the functionality of the cascade select will be re-enabled.

Do a search on the blog site for full details.

Cheers!

Mike

SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mike, thank's for the fast answer.

Unfortunately this is not a good solution for me because the list is very long...

Stefano

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, it is not ideal on a question with a large list of choices, but it does allow the user to continue using the form and when you update the appearance; also it will not overwrite the database.

The Survey123 team has identified and are working on the solution for the bug.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Mike.  As you point out this issue is known and we are working on a fix.

We currently have a fix available for testing in our Survey123 for ArcGIS  Early Adopters Website. You will find in there build 2.2.x   At the moment when I write this response we have the builds available for Windows, Mac and Android.  The iOS build, which we will make available via Apple's Test Flight is expected to be available for testing either later today or tomorrow.

Our release certification testing will start shortly. This will allow us to make this fix available in general release before the end of June (around the 26th).

SPNIOrganization
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I was looking for an answer to - why the autocomplete is not working with cascade select, and I found your answer from 2017.

it is now May 2019 - and when I try making a form using connect version 3.3.51

I still can't make autocomplete appearance with cascade select_one.

is this still an issue?

thanks,

Dikla.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dikla,

The issue regarding autocomplete and cascading select in this thread was addressed some time ago.  If you are having an issue, could you attach your XLS form?

0 Kudos