Deleting test data entries generated in Survey123

Jump to solution
06-15-2017 09:53 AM
Labels (1)
KaraHarmet
New Contributor III

Hello,

Is there any way I can edit/remove data from the attribute table/map generated from Survey123? I can't seen to find a solution besides downloading a CSV file and uploading to a new map. I have some test submissions in my data that I would like to delete.

Thanks,

Kara

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kara,

After you open the hosted feature layer in the map viewer, you should be able to see an Edit button in the upper left corner of the Map Viewer UI. When you click this, the TOC should change and display the feature templates view. You can select a feature in the map (e.g., a survey that was submitted) and be able to click Delete at the bottom of its pop-up display.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Kara,

Behind the scenes, the submitted survey data for Survey123 is stored as a hosted feature layer in your ArcGIS Online organization. So you can easily delete the test submission data by simply opening the hosted feature layer in the ArcGIS Online map viewer, then edit the data in the viewer.

Sign into your ArcGIS Online organization > My Contents > navigate to the folder with the survey name > open the hosted feature layer in the map viewer.

Hope this helps,

KaraHarmet
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Could you clarify a bit? I know how to get to the hosted feature layer in the map viewer but I didn't realize I could delete rows off of the attribute table? Would you mind explaining that process? I may be misunderstanding.

Thank you,

Kara

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Kara,

After you open the hosted feature layer in the map viewer, you should be able to see an Edit button in the upper left corner of the Map Viewer UI. When you click this, the TOC should change and display the feature templates view. You can select a feature in the map (e.g., a survey that was submitted) and be able to click Delete at the bottom of its pop-up display.

Hope this helps,

KaraHarmet
New Contributor III

Thank you this helps a lot!

0 Kudos
tahrhunter
New Contributor

The above method worked for me, but I had to delete one point at a time.
How do I select and delete all points (all rows) of data from my map in one operation?
Note: I will be downloading, then deleting data at frequent intervals.

KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

@tahrhunter 

Were you able to figure out how to delete multiple points? I want to delete over 400 records that were created through GeoEvent that are all duplicates. 

AGMAD
by
New Contributor III

I don't know if you have already figured this out, but if you open the hosted layer in arcpro you can select by attributes and delete multiple submissions.

0 Kudos
KarinaLivingston
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to delete multiple submissions if we aren't using ArcPro yet? I've created web apps in AGOL in the past to do this but haven't found a way to do the same in Portal. 

0 Kudos