Rotate Data Frame or Data Frame Toolbar in ArcPro

Jump to solution
06-16-2017 07:11 AM
MatthewDuffy
Occasional Contributor II

I'm not sure if this is even available as it used to be in ArcMap.  I cannot tell one way or another within the allotted fifteen minutes of self-help, so I'm turning to our ever present trusted community.

I'm looking to rotate the map in ArcPro (Sorry, ArcGIS Pro:) and in ArcMap you can do this with the data frame tools.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is only available in ArcPro's 3D viewing mode or something, but haven't I looked yet. 

I'd be grateful for any input on this, thanks much in advance and Happy Friday !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew, try this:

In the Contents pane, right-click the map name and click Properties. In the Map Properties dialog box, on the General tab, there's a Rotation setting. Pick or type the value you want. Click OK.

View solution in original post

TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

With release of ArcGIS Pro 2.0, there is now an on-screen control available for rotating maps. See The on-screen navigator for information and short video. MatthewDuffy

JohnTownsend
New Contributor III

You can also use the keyboard shortcut.  When in map view or an activated layout view, just hold down "v" key and you can rotate with your mouse.  Works in 3D or 2D and has become my favorite way to accomplish this.

Keyboard Shortcuts for Navigation

6 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew, try this:

In the Contents pane, right-click the map name and click Properties. In the Map Properties dialog box, on the General tab, there's a Rotation setting. Pick or type the value you want. Click OK.

MatthewDuffy

That's it Tim, thank you.  Although it is not as sexy as the old click-and-hold tool function that can interactively rotate the map, it is just what I was looking for, thank you.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Or if you want just the Layout to rotate, then go the Layout Properties and you'll see a Rotate there as well.

MatthewDuffy

Thank you Robert, I will use this too

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

With release of ArcGIS Pro 2.0, there is now an on-screen control available for rotating maps. See The on-screen navigator for information and short video. MatthewDuffy

JohnTownsend
New Contributor III

You can also use the keyboard shortcut.  When in map view or an activated layout view, just hold down "v" key and you can rotate with your mouse.  Works in 3D or 2D and has become my favorite way to accomplish this.

Keyboard Shortcuts for Navigation