Extracting values from rasters in a table

06-20-2017 01:59 AM
PawanThapa
New Contributor II

Dear experts,

I would be very thankful to receive your help/support/suggestion for solving my following problem. I'm using ArcGIS 10.1  with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst(no ArcInfo license) and Arcview 3x (still for many plusses).

I have a raster file- 30m X 30m River netwok cells. I have identified some hot spots i.e. few consecutive river cells at different locations. On the other hand, I have 5 rasters (same as river network) having unique value in each of these rasters.

Now, what I need is the value of these 5 rasters at the location of the hot-spots (the identified few consecutive river cells) in a tabular form. i.e. a table which gives me the location of these hot spot cells (even one central location is ok) and the coressposnig value at these locations from the 5 rasters.

How can I do this? Your suggestion is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

pawan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Pawan did you try the suggestion in your previous post? 

https://community.esri.com/thread/196822-statistics-from-raster-grids-to-polyline-shape-file

Or are you going off on a different track now?

That should give you the values and if you need to derive the points, then you can convert the raster to points if there is a smattering of locations, or if you have few areas, then doing it in an edit session would be the quickest.

0 Kudos
PawanThapa
New Contributor II

Dear Dan,

I did not know how to close teh earlier post and so following your suggestion i reposted my query in this another thread.

To extract values from the 5 rasters to my main raster (which has few identified hot spots of few successive cells at many places), as you have sugessted I first tried to convert the hot-spots raster to points, but after some processing it stops with 2GB shapefile limit and I'm stucked there as I think without having shape file I cannot have teh required table.

How to tackle? Please suggest.. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

an image would help.... that is why I suggested that you produce the point file manually if you only have a handful of locations.  I suspect you tried to convert your whole raster to points which will dismally fail.  It is hard to suggest a course of action without seeing what you are dealing with.

0 Kudos