Near Me widget isn't working on android devices?

06-20-2017 06:21 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I created a web application using the WebApp Builder.  We've been testing it in the office and on the Iphone.  Recently we started testing on android devices (mobile and tablet) and noticed a quirky behavior with this widget.  When you select it, it will expand like it is suppose to so you can enter an address.  When you touch the search box to start typing in your address, the keyboard will flash on for a second, then disappear.  Then the widget expands fully to fill the screen but just for a second then collapses back down to where it was before.  It does this over and over again never allowing the user to actually type anything.  Has anyone come across this or know how to fix it?  

URL to our web application: ArcGIS Web Application 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MaxMcCosham
New Contributor III

I'm having the same problem with the Query Widget in the latest version of Web AppBuilder (Chrome 59.0.3071.125 on Android).

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We haven't find a solution or work around so ended up removing the Near Me widget completely.  Thanks for the heads up regarding the Query Widget.  I'm configuring a new map site right now and was thinking of adding that widget to it.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

We are looking into this issue for the next release. What theme are you seeing this issue with?

-Allison

0 Kudos
MaxMcCosham
New Contributor III

I'm seeing the issue with the Plateau theme, when the widget is accessed by the header controller.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

ok - We have only seen this issue consistently with the Plateau theme. We are working on a fix, but in the meantime, you should be able to work around the issue by choosing a different theme.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also using the Plateau theme for our web mapping application and seeing these issues.  see original post up above.  At this point I'm keeping it simple in the widgets.  I'm hesitant to change the theme since the town really likes it and voted to approve it.  When will this issue be fixed?

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

We are working to get a fix into the fall release of ArcGIS Online. I don't have a more specific date at this time.

0 Kudos