Survey123 autocomplete search option

Jump to solution
06-20-2017 10:29 AM
youngpark
New Contributor III

Ismael,

I have a quick question about Survey123.  Since the build 1.7.20, Autocomplete searches anywhere in the string, not just the first letter.  But I would like to search it from the first letter.  for example, if I type "Ba", I want to see "banana" and "Basil", instead of "xyzBa", "banana", "Basil".  Can you guide me how to do it?  

Thanks in advance,

Young

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Initial input from users indicated that the preferred option to filter entries should be based on a search for characters anywhere in the choice list items.  We set this mode for the autocomplete appearance and decided to wait for further input.   So far, our sense indicates that this is the favorite mode for the vast majority of people, but we anticipated some use cases where a literal search would be ideal.  We could consider a modifier to the autocomplete appearance where one can decide what  mode to use. We have your request in our log and will keep listening. If you would like to make your request more visible, feel free to add a new entry in ideas.arcgis.com   This will make it easier for people to find for your request and vote for it.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Initial input from users indicated that the preferred option to filter entries should be based on a search for characters anywhere in the choice list items.  We set this mode for the autocomplete appearance and decided to wait for further input.   So far, our sense indicates that this is the favorite mode for the vast majority of people, but we anticipated some use cases where a literal search would be ideal.  We could consider a modifier to the autocomplete appearance where one can decide what  mode to use. We have your request in our log and will keep listening. If you would like to make your request more visible, feel free to add a new entry in ideas.arcgis.com   This will make it easier for people to find for your request and vote for it.  Thanks!

KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Ismael,

Was this ever done? Really could use this.

Thanks you.

Keith

SPNIOrganization
Occasional Contributor

I created this Idea - you are welcome to vote!

0 Kudos