Allowing Multiple Users to create, edit, and delete in ArcGIS Collector

06-21-2017 08:01 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

I've created a map with layers to work with ArcGIS Collector App in order for our operators to make edits on there smart phone(Android & ISO) devices while in the field. 

ProblemArcGIS Collector doesn't allow other users to add, edit, or delete features on the map besides the map creator. I tried setting up this process for both ArcGIS Online & Portal. There isn't really any solution on the forums so hopefully someone can lead us in the right direction

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ArcGIS Desktop: [Publishing a service] << ====   ArcGIS Online

Parameters:

Properties -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maximum number of records returned by the server: 10000 

Capabilities:

Tiled Mapping [Unchecked]

Feature Access [Checked]

Feature Access:

Create [Checked]

Delete [Checked]         

Query  [Checked]     

Sync    [Checked]             

Update [Checked]                            

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feature Layer (hosted) Settings

Editing
• Who can edit features?
Share the layer to specific groups of people, the organization or publicly via the Share button on the Overview tab. This layer is currently shared with: Organization, 
• What kind of editing is allowed?
• What features can editors see?
• What features can editors edit?
• What access do anonymous editors (not signed in) have?
• Who can manage edits?
◦ You
◦ Administrators
◦ Data curators with the appropriate privileges
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solution: Users/operators who utilize the published service map should be able to create, edit, and delete features while using the collector app.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In the Picture above the option enable editing is not enabled.

I would also enable editor tracking in some way to.

Best regards

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4

Thanks for the reply. They're currently checked in the application. The forum keeps unchecking these when I try to edit the post.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Are the users able to edit the feature service in the web map?

JordanMiller4

Users are able to create, edit and delete features by directly accessing the map though the ArcGIS online.

0 Kudos
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

Editing can also be restricted when you create a web map.  There is the option to "Disable Editing", and in the "Configure Pop-up" you can disable editing by fields.  You may wish to recheck these settings.

From your attached picture, I would ask if the map and the editable layers have been shared with your editors.  I didn't see any checks indicating it was being shared.