web app builder add layers to overview map

Jump to solution
06-22-2017 07:45 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am trying to add some data to overview map (county outline). Is it possible?

Thanks,

Alex

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alex,

I think Sayak Nag is not reading that part were:

but I want to add a layer to the "Overview Map" not the map itself

This is not possible using the Add Data Widget.

I have been working on some customization to the overview map widget to try and add a layer but as of yet have been unsuccessful.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SayakNag
New Contributor II

You can use the Add Data widget in Web AppBuilder. Click this link for more information on the widget.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you  Sayak but I want to add a layer to the "Overview Map" not the map itself. Is it possible?

0 Kudos
SayakNag
New Contributor II

Yes, the Add Data widget let's you add a single layer as well. To add layers by URL, click the URL tab next to the Search tab. Choose a type and enter the URL. Click Add to add the data to the map. The added layer will appear in the Layer List widget as well. The following types are supported through the URL:

• ArcGIS for Server web service
  • WMS OGC web service
  • KML
  • GeoRSS
  • CSV

It's also mentioned in the link I shared, under the "Using the Add Data widget" section.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alex,

I think Sayak Nag is not reading that part were:

but I want to add a layer to the "Overview Map" not the map itself

This is not possible using the Add Data Widget.

I have been working on some customization to the overview map widget to try and add a layer but as of yet have been unsuccessful.

SayakNag
New Contributor II

I apologize! I did miss that part. The Add Data widget can't help. Also, I don't think there is any widget available at the moment which would allow you to add layers to the overview map.

Maybe you are looking something similar to the Comparison Analysis template. Although it won't be a Web AppBuilder application. You can check out the following links and samples:

Comaprison Template

Swipe Tool

Sample

Hope this is of better help!

0 Kudos