iPad Minis Signing out of Collector when charging

06-22-2017 03:03 PM
JennB
by
New Contributor III

I have a field team out with a few iPads with Collector. They're using offline maps since they'll be out of cell range for most of the time.

They're telling me that when they charge the tablets it's signing them out of Collector. They're unable to sign back in (unless they get to an internet connection). They are not powering the tablets off or signing out.

Thoughts? It's fairly urgent as they're presently out in the field.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor

Hello Jenn,

Are they plugging their device straight into the power outlet? Is Collector running when they are charging the device? If you could provide more details of your environment that would help. One thing I could suggest is to put your device to airplane mode while charging and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Carol

JennB
by
New Contributor III

Hi Carol,

They are presently plugging in straight to a power outlet, and Collector is running when they do it.

I will pass along the suggestion for them to switch to airplane mode before plugging in.

Thanks,

Jenn

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is hard to know when you are logged out on iOS.

Sometimes the users experience a login when they are outside cellular coverage or have extremely bad coverage. Closing the app and turning on flightmode and start again works sometimes.

JennB
by
New Contributor III

It shouldn't matter when they're in an area with poor internet access as we're collecting in offline mode anyway. We can try making sure they're in flightmode and then re-opening collector. Ideally, people would be able to access maps downloaded to the tablet without even having to log in to Collector. It's not an acceptable issue to have come up when people are out in the field and away from internet access and it makes us wary of using the product again. The issue happens so sporadically, too so we're at a loss in terms of trying to troubleshoot it. It doesn't seem to precisely have to do with charging as much as it does some level of inactivity? Not sure.