ESRI stopped insuring evaluation code for ArcGIS desktop trial ?

06-28-2017 09:57 AM
Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Greetings,

please i followed all steps and instructions provided here Trial | ArcGIS  yet no eva code was sent to me..please help

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you activate your ArcGIS Online account using the link from the mail from Esri (Subject: Esri - Activate Your Free ArcGIS Online Trial)? This would be the first step. Then you will get a mail containing the license code for 60 days trial of ArcGIS Desktop.

Think Location
0 Kudos
Okeke_Onyedikachi1
New Contributor III

Yes I did...completed the procedure

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Are you using only one email address? Sometimes, people try to forward emails from one to another and they have issues.  My students have had this problem in the past when they tried to get emails forwarded to their home account... many times, the esri ones don't get through for some reason

0 Kudos
hasankarabiyik
New Contributor

Hi jayanta,

where to type that code? i could not find it.

thanks

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have received the code (EVA*********), Install ArcGIS Desktop > open ArcGIS Administrator.

• When prompted, select ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use. Click Authorize Now.
  • On the Authorization Options dialog, check the 'I have installed my software and need to authorize it' option and click Next.
  • Enter the above authorization number provided to you and click Next.
  • On the Authorize Software Extensions dialog, select 'I do not want to authorize any extensions at this time' and click Next.
  • Your free 60-day trial ArcGIS for Desktop software is now ready for use.

Think Location
0 Kudos
hasankarabiyik
New Contributor

No there is no eva code for me i received only an email with https://www.arcgis.com/features/login/activation.html?activationcode=xxxx

i need eva code how can i get it?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you click on the activation link and complete the details? You should get another mail containing the license code after your ArcGIS account is activated.

Think Location
0 Kudos
hasankarabiyik
New Contributor

no sir no eva code. i think they have changed the system

0 Kudos
hasankarabiyik
New Contributor

I have done all the steps but no eva code was sent to me.

0 Kudos