NetCDF Raster Analytics & Model Builder

07-03-2017 11:24 AM
ChrisMcCloud
New Contributor

I'm trying to handle NetCDF files, extracting the individual bands into individual rasters and then combining them into ensemble rasters for given time periods (since each band represents an individual model, and GCM models are more accurate when combined with one another).  Anyone have any thoughts on the appropriate tool and workflow to carry out this procedure, particularly in ModelBuilder?  I tried using the Make New Raster to extract each band and then combining them using the Mosaic to New Raster, but in ModelBuilder I get an error that the number of bands must match (which I don't understand, since I set it to one band per temp raster and one band output from the Mosaic to New Raster tool as well, and when I ran a test manually extracting the first three bands and then attempting to merge them using the aforementioned process, it seemed to work.  Doing that with around 8 different time periods with 53 models per period is a bit time consuming, however, so using MB to automate that would be more efficient). I'm using ArcGIS 10.4.  modelbuilder arcgis pro model builder; netcdf data and model builder netcdf netcdf file raster analytics  merge raster multiband raster multiband

0 Kudos
0 Replies