How to replace itemId number in Web Map AGOL directly in JSON

07-05-2017 12:33 PM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I need to replace the itemID value in a AGOL Web Map. I am trying to do it with https://ago-assistant.esri.com/  but I only saw an option to change the URL.  I m looking for a way to  edit the JSON content.

I am having this issue: Updating a service URL creates a mismatch with AGOL item id · Issue #52 · Esri/ago-assistant · GitHu... 

{
      "id": "MyEditableLayer_8795",
      "layerType": "ArcGISFeatureLayer",
      "url": "http://s014:6080/arcgis/rest/services/MyEditableLayer/FeatureServer/0",
      "visibility": true,
      "opacity": 1,
      "mode": 1,
      "title": "Active ",
      "itemId": "ff25907f7eca4210b542a9ec71db37c9",
      "layerDefinition": {

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jose,

The AGO-Assistant can do this.  Select the option 'View an Item's JSON'.  You will have an option to edit the web map's JSON:

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

jskinner-esristaff‌ could this be used to do an upgrade for a large enterprise?  To allow for a 'quick flipping of the switch' to deploy.

For example, let's say we have server-1 and server2 that will change names to newname1 and newname2.  So it will break all the URLs in many webmaps. My idea was to create copies of all webmaps used by WAB viewers that use a webmap, and find and replace the URLs in the JSON Editor. So get all the new staging copies of the web maps all set up, verify they all work nicely and so forth. (staging servers are live and we will just switch over to them for deployment)  So basically, a mirror universe of all the webmaps. Since they have popups etc I want to preserve. Then, when it's time to deploy the new servers, could I just swap the itemIDs so the new staging webmaps get the old itemIDs and I don't have to repoint any existing WAB websites' to a new webmap? They just continue to work seamlessly. If this is possible, it will allow a more rapid and streamlined deployment.

JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I believe this would work.