Story Map Tour not scrolling on samsung galaxy 7

Jump to solution
07-08-2017 11:26 AM
stevecarballeira
New Contributor

When you click media on a item on Galazy 7 phone the info will not scroll down past intial screen view

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for submitting this. I can reproduce this on our android phones. It looks like there was change in how Chrome renders are app that prevents it from scrolling appropriately. We'll try to get this fixed in our next release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you provide some additional information so we can investigate?

• Which app are you using: Apps | Story Maps?
  • What version of Android is your Galaxy 7 running?
  • Are you using Chrome (up-to-date) or different browser?
  • Do you have a public URL that you can share?
  • Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing?
0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, people posting questions >  polite reminder that this community needs you to provide full information about your issue or suggestion.  At least, please tell us which Story Map app you are using (there are 8 of 'em) . If you just provide a minimal amount of info it a) makes it hard to answer your post b) slows down the response c) means someone else has to post and ask you to provide details. Geonet forum admins also reserve the right to edit post titles to help clarify content to maintain forum utility.

Rupert

0 Kudos
stevecarballeira
New Contributor

Sorry new at this:

My story map is http://arcg.is/2tqXOrt 

Galazy 7 phone

About the phonePage wont scroll down past intial view....

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for submitting this. I can reproduce this on our android phones. It looks like there was change in how Chrome renders are app that prevents it from scrolling appropriately. We'll try to get this fixed in our next release.

0 Kudos
stevecarballeira
New Contributor

Great thank you. Do you have a time frame on next release. . We want to start using this on multiple projects in the near future. . I'm a little hesitant with the scrolling issue effecting android phones

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Steve,

We have made the fix and updated our GitHub repo in case you are able to host the app yourself.  The latest release can be found here: Release V2.8.2 · Esri/storymap-tour · GitHub 

Mark

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

The next ArcGIS Online release will be in September/October. If you are willing to host the app on your own server, we can provide the source code with the fix sooner than that.

0 Kudos