Crowdsource Story Maps - Layer Controls?

07-11-2017 09:37 AM
JustinColson
New Contributor II

Is there any way to allow users to enable\disable layers within a Crowdsource Story Map?

I'm hoping to use the Crowdsource web app to collect historical images and memories of my university's local area, and I have a large number of raster historical maps set up as hosted tile layers. I'd love to be able to let users switch between a number of historical maps, as well as between topographic and imagery basemaps while they are trying to locate their images! 

Or might another of the crowdsourcing Web Apps do what I require? 

2 Replies
WilliamMancini
New Contributor

There is a way to configure the crowdsourcing story map so that supporting / reference layers and their pop-ups are activated:

https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/story-map-crowdsource-advanced-configuration-60ecd32f0... 

However, I've recently been trying to create a sample project with this template and there are many glitches. 

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

You can add additional supporting layers into the map displayed in the Crowdsource app, but if you want your end users to be able to turn them on or off via a layer list control, you would have to download and self-host the app source code, and add that control by customizing the source code to add that control in to the UI.

Rupert

0 Kudos