Problems with version 17.1

07-11-2017 02:46 PM
MarkStelzel
New Contributor III

I've encountered two major issues with the new version:

1. Identifying features doesn't work. When I click on a feature to open the attribute pane, the field names are all displayed but none of the attribute values. 

2. My organization's web mercator projected ortho basemap will not display.

Not a "problem", but the removal of the magnifying glass is a step backwards.

Edit: Please disregard problem #2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
79 Replies
JeffJohnson
New Contributor III

I posted this in the iOS beta place first:

We are seeing the same issue with July 10,2017 production release (17.1.0). All feature attributes appear fine in the map viewer pop-ups but not in the explorer app. We see some attributes that are configured in the web map, but not in explorer. Out of 21 fields configured for the pop-up on point feature, we see 5 fields with actual data when selecting a feature (which is painfully slow compared to previous app). Those 5 fields are a mixture of text, coded domain values, dates. The rest of the fields are blank.

All data in the web map is from our Enterprise server published map services, shared with the organization.

We miss the magnifying glass too!

Jeff Johnson

Sevier County Utility District

HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff, 

Quick question -  do you know what version of ArcGIS Server is hosting these services?

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
JeffJohnson
New Contributor III

Comments from the Explorer iOS Beta discussion:

From Justin:

We are seeing this also. It seems to be that this happens when the field name and field alias do not match.

Justin

From Robb:

The bug was submitted yesterday. #BUG-000106480

I'm hoping that it gets fixed soon. We noticed pop up issues in features that took part in a group layer...also have search issues with those. There are bugs for all 3 issues.

Reply to Justin: Changed field alias to match field name on AGO and that didn't show the attributes. Matched alias and name and re-published  map service and that does work.

In response to Robb: Also not seeing feature attachments, search config from AGO not honored and yes we have a group layer.

RobbHodges
Occasional Contributor III

Here is a list of the 3 bugs I reported yesterday....they all seem related from what we can tell. 

• #BUG-000106480 - popups not working (the popups seemed fine for features that did not participate in a group layer. I assume as Justin said, we could probably change the alias to match the field name and it would work.)
  • #BUG-000106475 - Search not working (we noticed features not in a group layer worked fine regarding search...the ones in a group layer did not work.)
  • #BUG-000106474 - unable to toggle sub-layers on or off (only the group shows)

To Jeff: I am also seeing that the feature attachments are not working.

0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor

Just confirming we are having the same issues with fields using the Explorer app.

Also noticed that fields being used as media with hyperlinks are broken too, most likely due to the same issue.

We can't go in and change the aliases as this could break more things than fix .  At least we have Collector to fall back on.

Had to have that app out in time for the UC....

0 Kudos
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor

Hi Cameron,

We are working on both the hyperlink issue and the popups - working to get fixes out as soon as we can.  For the field issues (popups not showing values) -  do you know what version of ArcGIS Server is hosting these services?

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos
JeffJohnson
New Contributor III

Sent from mobile device

0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor

Hi Heather,

We are experiencing this with ArcGIS Server 10.5

0 Kudos
AliciaSoto
Occasional Contributor

My popups and searches are working, but I'm also unable to toggle sub-layers on or off. 

0 Kudos