Anselin Local Moran's I - Scatter Plot

Jump to solution
07-14-2017 07:21 AM
ChristopherJodice
New Contributor

HI Everyone - When using the Anselin Local Morans I tool under Spatial Statistics Tool->Mapping Cluster ,  I am wanting to see the Scatter Plot of the z_i vs Lag z_i  ... however I don't see this chart - I would create it but I don't see a table that has the underlying values.  Does this tool create such chart?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

The tool output does include z_i for each feature, but not the Lag z_i (this would be a nice enhancement and I will bring it up with the team.)  You can calculate the average for each neighborhood by:

- Create a .swm file (Generate Spatial Weights Matrix) with the neighborhood relationships 

- Convert the Spatial Weights Matrix to Table

- Then you can join this table to the feature class based on the neighbor ID

- Then the neighborhood averages can be summarized (Summary Statistics) and averaged based on each feature's original ID

Hope this helps, 

Jenora

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

The tool output does include z_i for each feature, but not the Lag z_i (this would be a nice enhancement and I will bring it up with the team.)  You can calculate the average for each neighborhood by:

- Create a .swm file (Generate Spatial Weights Matrix) with the neighborhood relationships 

- Convert the Spatial Weights Matrix to Table

- Then you can join this table to the feature class based on the neighbor ID

- Then the neighborhood averages can be summarized (Summary Statistics) and averaged based on each feature's original ID

Hope this helps, 

Jenora

ChristopherJodice
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

What you explain below is what I was as a work-around

Thanks,

Christopher Jodice

Work : 973.921.5611

0 Kudos
ChristopherJodice
New Contributor

Hi Jenora,

The Neighbor ID (NID) can be mapped back to the feature class with what field in the feature class? Is it ObjectID = NID ?? Or FID=NID ?

Thanks,

Christopher Jodice

Work : 973.921.5611

0 Kudos