How do you fix heat map 'tears' after exporting from ArcGIS Pro?

07-17-2017 11:41 AM
IsaacZukin
New Contributor II

I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.0.0 and every time I export a heat map I am working on I get what I can only describe as 'tears' in the heat map imagery (see attached images). I have tried putting the heat map symbology as the top layer, exporting as different file formats and changing the scale but have not achieved any positive results. Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone know any fixes?

10 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

is this only during export? it looks like processing being clipped to an extent of a raster layer

IsaacZukin
New Contributor II

I wondered the same thing... And yes, only during export. The rest of the image looks fine though, and those two spots I screen shotted are not near each other. Any idea how I might fix this if it is clipped processing extent?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You may have to set the geoprocessing extent explicitly in the Environments options prior to exporting.  This is easy in an ArcToolbox tool since it can be accessed through the Environments tab for any tool in arctoolbox

0 Kudos
IsaacZukin
New Contributor II

I tried changing the extent a few different times in environments, however, I still get the same problem. Any other ideas? Really appreciate the help by the way.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

not offhand, if the data were in a mosaic of some kind then their environments would control that.  I would ensure that the raster is combined into one if that is not the case

0 Kudos
IsaacZukin
New Contributor II

I checked that but it is not providing the fix I need. Any idea where I can post this/who I can talk to in order to resolve this? Really appreciate the help so far Dan!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You will have to file a Support case with tech support... it appears either no one has a solution or hasn't see it.  GeoNet is not technical support and they don't monitor it as a matter of course.  Good luck

0 Kudos
SunnyF
by
New Contributor III

Addendum: Ok - I found what seems to be a temporary work around. I exported as an emf and then converted it to a jpeg in other software. No tears or flares!  Good luck. 

Original comment: I'm having the exact same issue! Also, when I do get the heatmap to export without tears, it has "flares" instead... picture posted. 

JuliaNoran1
New Contributor II

Worked for me! I'd been messing with this for an hour or two! Thanks.

0 Kudos