ArcGIS Online network analysis services

07-18-2017 06:05 PM
OriGudes2
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I was trying to use this tool About the ArcGIS Network Analyst extension tutorial—Help | ArcGIS Desktop  ArcGIS Online network analysis services to compute the Origin Destination between a layer of properties to other layers such as train stations, bus stops, shopping centers, schools etc. The challenge i have is that my properties layers has more than 140,000 features (I use centroid with each property polygon), however the process seems to fail even-though I use a super computer, any advice when using such a big data-set to better perform this procedure?

Thanks in advance Ori

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Can you elaborate on the super computer since you are referring to ArcMap in one line and a network service also.  Given that ArcMap only uses 4 Gb at best (examine Background Geoprocessing for other options) you will need to describe your hardware/software in a bit more detail.  It could be you are running out of resources.  Try it on a small subset to rule out these issues and to confirm your processes are correct.

PS  You have this in the Spatial Statistics place.  Perhaps you want to move it to a more appropriate location 

0 Kudos
OriGudes2
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan,

Happy to move it to another forum, which one you would recommend and how this could be done?

In the meantime, I have found something interesting. When I run this tool with less than 1000 features (subset of the data) in the origin layer (see also snap shots), it was successful. I learn from this server message that the Online Network Analysis Service can work with layers that have less than 1000 features? If that is the case, would be interesting to know if someone has done it or consume this service for a larger data set? Or if not, what alternative solutions people came with?

Interesting..Error 030096Error 030096BSuccess with layer that has leas than 1000 features

Regards Ori

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

If you are usiing the ArcGIS Online Network Analysis Service - you may want to check to see how many credits you are consuming

Understand credits—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

If you have access to Streetmap Premium Asia Pacific - that is a a Dataset that might be helpful. You would need to talk to your Esri Account manager for more information