Need SSL cert for Amazon Cloud Formation template

07-20-2017 05:12 PM
MarshallRobinson
New Contributor III

I'm going through the process of launching arcgis enterprise on amazon using esri's cloud formation templates and I'm running into a problem. I'm trying to purchase an ssl certificate from godaddy, but they need a csr before they'll issue it. The problem is that I can't get the csr until after the server is set up because the csr is acquired through iis manager. How do I get a csr for the ssl when I can't launch the template stack without an ssl? I'm probably doing something wrong, so I appreciate your advice. 

3 Replies
JonNordling1
New Contributor II

Would be great to get a answer from Esri on this? I also have this same question. 

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Would they accept a CSR generated from OpenSSL?

The Most Common OpenSSL Commands 

Generate a new private key and Certificate Signing Request

openssl req -out CSR.csr -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout privateKey.key
0 Kudos
BrianDudek
Occasional Contributor

I also have this same question with using the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder CLI for AWS.  How exactly am I to get a Certification when I can't even get it from the EC2 server I am attempting to launch because the recommended ESRI Enterprise deployment utility requires the cert and password before launch?  IT has mentioned the actual server is where the CSR is generated.  There does not appear to be any guidance with this process.

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but would appreciate assistance.  Not sure if that response with OpenSSL was of help.   Thank you.

0 Kudos