how to completely uninstall previous ArcGIS program

07-23-2017 08:09 PM
LeslieJawili
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

I would like to install ArcGIS in my desktop unfortunately i cannot install it because i still have old version of ArcGIS installed in my desktop but i already erased it even folders in drive C.

I also clicked the UninstallUtility and it says that i can now install the program but still I cannot install the ArcDesktop.

Ho can that be?

Please help me on this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have manually uninstalled all ArcGIS Desktop products, 

ensure you delete the following directories

• C:\Users\<userLogin>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI
  • C:\Program Files(x86)\ArcGIS
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS
  • C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.x

Also delete the following registry, if any

• HKEYCURRENTUSER/Software/ESRI
  • HKEYLOCALMACHINE/SOFTWARE/ESRI

Then Reboot the machine.

Also let us know what error code you are receiving while installation. Sometimes, issue may also arise due to low registry space Error: Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC90.OpenMP,proc... 

Think Location
LeslieJawili
New Contributor II

Hi Mr Jayanta,

I followed your given directions but still I failed to install the program.

What will I do?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the error message?

Think Location
0 Kudos
LeslieJawili
New Contributor II

same error, no changes at all. i removed all the folders from drive C but still i cannot install the program.

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Did you reboot after removing the folders?
I'd suggest you to log a case with Esri Technical Support.

~Shan
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is there any 3rd Party tool installed Or the tutorial (Check Control Panel > Programs and Features).

Download the PatchFinder.exe from http://support.esri.com/en/Products/Desktop/arcgis-desktop/arcmap/10-2-2#downloads?id=7386  to check if any older product is still there. You will find it at the end of the page.

Think Location
LeslieJawili
New Contributor II

Mr. Jayanta, i was trying to install version 10 but i encountered this error, i don't know what it means. please help.

Error 1606. Could not access network location NULLDesktop10.0.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks like something is corrupt in the registry. Check https://community.esri.com/thread/25247 

It would be wise to contact your local Esri Tech Support for assistance. If that is not an option, feel free to drop a mail to me at joypoddar.87@gmail.com, and I will get in touch with you.

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

f you did have any 3rd party extensions installed and did not uninstall them prior to uninstalling 10.0, the Desktop software may not uninstall correctly.

The way we had to fix this in versions past is to reinstall the older software (10.0 in your case?), then, use Control Panel > Programs and Features (as Jayanta pointed out) to uninstall all the 3rd party extensions, then the ArcGIS Desktop should be able to be uninstalled.  The install 10.2.2 and reinstall any 3rd party extensions (if they are compatible)

This doesn't see to be as much of an issue for upgrades after 10.2.2, but was with 10.0.x and maybe 10.1.x.