ArcGIS Portal Page Navigation Click Links Not Working

07-24-2017 12:58 AM
tonyjoseph1
New Contributor

Hi, the web link clicks on Portal main page (Gallery, Map, Scene, Groups etc) are not working ... it keeps going back to Home. If you right click on these link and 'Open link in new tab' ... it works.

Here's my configuration - 

1. MS Azure with Windows Server 2012 R2, IIS 8 and ArcGIS Portal 10.5

2. SSL Cert installed with HTTPS configured

3. Only ONE Web Adaptor installed and configured. The ArcGIS Portal page is working from external

I have done this over and over: 

1. Unregister Portal and ArcGIS Server in Web Adaptor

2. Reinstall Web Adaptor and Register

I think ArcGIS Portal might be having issues with SSL and HTTPS Web Adaptor configs with Azure ... ArcGIS Server links from external seems fine.

Are there any other ways to fix this?? Please help !!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you clarify the third point in your configuration?  You have one web adaptor installed that you've configured for both Server and Portal?  Does it matter what browser you use?  What does the console show within the developer tools when clicking a link?

0 Kudos
tonyjoseph1
New Contributor

I have one web adaptor configured only for Portal. The links don't work in Chrome or IE. 

Very good suggestion to check the dev tools. Its showing an error when I click on the links : 

GET https://<website.com>/arcgisportal/favicon.ico 500 (Internal Server Error)

The weird thing is ... it works if I right click and  'Open link in new tab' 

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

The flavicon.ico is just the little image for the tab:

If one isn't set, you should normally get a 404, not a 500, but I don't think that's related to the problem you're seeing.

Within the Network tab, do you see 302 redirects to /home?

0 Kudos