How to apply Same colors from AutoCad to ArcMap

07-24-2017 04:46 AM
vamsiboppana
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I Have a drawing file with lots of layers and different colors. I converted into shape file format and the color information was shown in the table "Color" field. Can any one help me out regarding How to apply Same colors ArcMap as shown in Autocad.

Thanks in Advance

vk

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

When you add cad data using Add Data button. it will be shown with same color in AutoCAD .

Just import this symbology for exported layers. see the pictures:

vamsiboppana
New Contributor II

Hi Abdullah Anter,

Thanks for your reply. But actually i want to use autocad colors in shape file format.

Means i want save the colors and re-collect the colors information after exporting the Autocad file into shape file. And applying the same(autocad) colors in shape file, i will save the as a project.mxd.

Please give brief info if it possible.  

thanks in advance

vk 

0 Kudos
AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

If you still use shape files , the only way I know Save To Layer File—Help | ArcGIS Desktop

but if you can convert them to geodatabase, you can Set Layer Representation—Help | ArcGIS Desktop and it will be temporary.

Usage

• The input must be a geodatabase feature class with at least one feature class representation.

• The resulting layer can be used as a valid input for cartographic tools that require a layer input in especially in models and scripts.

• The temporary feature layer can be saved as a layer file using the Save To Layer File tool or saved as a new feature class using the Copy Features tool. Layers created in ArcCatalog cannot be used in ArcMap unless they are saved to a layer file using the Save To Layer File tool.

0 Kudos