Stream Definition - empty output (and forum structure)

Jump to solution
07-25-2017 12:08 PM
Labels (1)
LornaMurison
Occasional Contributor

Stream Definition- empty output 

I'm sharing this link here because I'm confused about where questions like this should go.
I finally figured out that there is an Arc Hydro "group" and an Arc Hydro "space" and I don't know what the purpose of each one is.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Hi Lorna,

"Spaces" are GeoNet admin created sub-areas of GeoNet for the purpose of asking questions or having discussions on a particular topic.  "Groups" are GeoNet users created areas that can be public or private also generally for questions or discussion.  Posting in the appropriate space with a general question is probably the better practice for GeoNet, but a question or discussion can be "Shared" with multiple spaces and groups by using the Share button that is just to the right and above the question you posted when you open the thread.  This is much prefered to double posting a question individually in multiple areas.

I responded to the other thread you posted, hopefully we can get you on the right track.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IanMurray
Frequent Contributor

Hi Lorna,

"Spaces" are GeoNet admin created sub-areas of GeoNet for the purpose of asking questions or having discussions on a particular topic.  "Groups" are GeoNet users created areas that can be public or private also generally for questions or discussion.  Posting in the appropriate space with a general question is probably the better practice for GeoNet, but a question or discussion can be "Shared" with multiple spaces and groups by using the Share button that is just to the right and above the question you posted when you open the thread.  This is much prefered to double posting a question individually in multiple areas.

I responded to the other thread you posted, hopefully we can get you on the right track.