How to avoid pixelation for header image in MapSeries

Jump to solution
08-07-2017 10:51 AM
CDavis
by
New Contributor II

Hi,  

I am experiencing an issue with resolution for an image that is uploaded to an OOTB MapSeries StoryMap.  My image is attached and the specs are.

Is there a more optimal settings that I'm missing out on? I've lowered the resolution to 72 and am keeping a close 1 to 1 ratio.   Here is the image in ArcGIS Online  https://ago-item-storage.s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/08bd9e0c542d446b9f16802402d67e74/405Improvement... .  

It looks clear here.  

Hopefully someone here will have some advice on this.  I'll test further with resizing or using external url.  

Thanks,  Carrie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlisonSizer
New Contributor III

Hi Carrie,

MapSeries is doing its own image processing if the image uploaded is larger than 1500px wide or 10Mb in file size. It looks like yours is about 5000px wide and 70Mb in size. Apologies that it's getting so pixelated in the process.

To avoid MapSeries trying to downsize your image, try resizing it yourself on your computer to 1500px wide before you upload. Also make sure the resulting file size is less than 10Mb. Additionally, if you're just using this image for the small logo in the top corner of the page, you may want to resize it on your own computer much smaller -- say, 200px wide. 

Thanks!

Alison

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlisonSizer
New Contributor III

Hi Carrie,

MapSeries is doing its own image processing if the image uploaded is larger than 1500px wide or 10Mb in file size. It looks like yours is about 5000px wide and 70Mb in size. Apologies that it's getting so pixelated in the process.

To avoid MapSeries trying to downsize your image, try resizing it yourself on your computer to 1500px wide before you upload. Also make sure the resulting file size is less than 10Mb. Additionally, if you're just using this image for the small logo in the top corner of the page, you may want to resize it on your own computer much smaller -- say, 200px wide. 

Thanks!

Alison

CDavis
by
New Contributor II

Hi Alison,

Thanks for the response.  I'll try these changes.

0 Kudos