X-ray in ArcCatalog 10.5.1 XML error

08-07-2017 02:43 PM
Labels (1)
RyanTucker2
New Contributor II

SOLVED: Figured out my own problem ...I had ampersands(&) in some of the alias names.

I am constantly getting "XML error on line 76. position 52. Whitespace is not allowed at this location" when I try to import XML files in which I made edits to the excel files in X-Ray.

This is happening with all my XML files I have successfully edited with XRay in ArcCatalog 10.3. I'm now on Arcgis Desktop 10.5.1 using the latest X-ray Add-in released this month(August 2017).

I exported an XML file from a working file geodatabse with a single tables schema( attached as XMLAFILEEXPORT.xml). This file can be imported to an empty file geodatabase with no problem since I never touched it with X-ray.

I then copied XMLAFILEEXPORT.XML to XMLAFILEEXPORT(1).XML, opened it with X-ray and made my edits in excel. I changed the LOWPARCELID field from Double to String.Saved the file in excel and saved in X-ray. And then tried to import it into a an empty file geodatabase. I then get the error "XML error on line 76. position 53. Whitespace is not allowed at this location" 

I've opened the XML in an editor, there is no whitespace, that I can see anyways. I need X-ray to work! Please Help!

0 Kudos
0 Replies