adding photos from flickr to tabbed storymap template

Jump to solution
08-08-2017 05:14 AM
AnnVanSlembrouck
Occasional Contributor

I am able to add photos from flickr to the tabbed storymap template, but I can only see the first half of my photos within the  flickr album. Has anyone experienced this?

My flickr album contains 200 photos, but within the storymap builder I am not able to see/chose any photo with in the second half of the album.

Any help is much appreciated!  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ann -- Unfortunately that is a current limitation of Map Journal's integration with Flickr. You will have to create another album and add the second half of your photos to that album if you want to use them in a Map Journal. I realize this is not ideal, but it doesn't duplicate the photos in Flickr.

We will look at increasing that limit in a future release.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ann -- Unfortunately that is a current limitation of Map Journal's integration with Flickr. You will have to create another album and add the second half of your photos to that album if you want to use them in a Map Journal. I realize this is not ideal, but it doesn't duplicate the photos in Flickr.

We will look at increasing that limit in a future release.

Owen Evans
AnnVanSlembrouck
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Owen. Thanks for your response. I may need to create a second album.

I also found that if I reverse the sorting of the flickr album I can access the second half of the album.

OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Great! I forgot there was a sort button there, and luckily you have exactly twice the number of supported photos so that lets you see all of them.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ann,

I am glad the sort option works (I wouldn't have thought of that, haha). Another thing you can do is to grab the raw image file from Flickr and add the photo that way (as a Link )

The easiest way I found for doing this is to go to the Flickr picture page, click on the Download button, then select View all sizes:

Here you can click any size you like, then right click on the photo and select Copy image address

After that, paste that URL into the Link of your story map.