infographic export from an IPAD - bao.arcgis

08-10-2017 10:24 AM
ColinBranson1
New Contributor III

In BAO.arcgis, Can anyone export an infographic from an IPAD? On Chrome, BA App, etc... JPEG/PDF ideal.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor

Hi Colin,

There is a known issue that Infographics exported to PDF will not open on the iPad.  We are working to determine the best way to handle viewing the Infographic PDF on the iPad and it would be extremely helpful if you can explain your specific use case.  What would you like to do with the PDF, open the PDF is a new Browser tab, email the PDF or some other use case?  Thank you for helping us understand how you would like to use Infographic PDFs on the iPad. 

Best Regards,

Donna Buhr

Business Analyst Product Engineer

0 Kudos
ColinBranson1
New Contributor III

We have a conference coming up and our team members will showing BA on the IPAD. If a member asks to view a basic age or income report report and doesn't have time to review it we would like the option to send it to them to view later. Isn't it pretty important to be able to download a JPEG or PDF for viewing purposes? I cant even print out from the IPAD. Its like there is an app and you can look log in to in Chrome, but unable to do the simple tasks. Not sure why in development this was not thought of.

Colin

0 Kudos
DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor

Thanks Colin for providing your use case and helpful information.  Based on your feedback we will work to improve handling the Infographic PDF export for the iPad in a future product release.  

Thank you for your very valuable feedback and for using Business Analyst Web.  

Best Regards,

Donna Buhr

Business Analyst Product Engineer 

0 Kudos
ColinBranson1
New Contributor III

GIS folks who attend events could show off the power of what ESRI could do. It's a win win. Not only exporting a pdf/jpg, but if you could share via email from within the tool would be very cool. It would save steps.

0 Kudos
DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor

It's absolutely a great idea Colin and we very much appreciate your feedback.  

Thanks again,

Donna

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your feedback on the BA Web App. Looking at your use case, I was wondering if you had a chance to try the BA Mobile App. Currently, it doesn't support running infographics created in the BA Web App but it does provide an easy way of accessing Key Demographics and Facts for any location as well as running and emailing classic reports (e.g. Detailed Age Profile, Demographic and Income Profile). If you have already tried the BA Mobile App, I would be happy to gather your feedback on how it worked for you.

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

0 Kudos
ColinBranson1
New Contributor III

The BA App is great but i wish it supported infographics because they look nice and are impressive. Using the infographic below it allows out to use our branding along with specific demographic variables tied to denal. I really wish we could export pdf/jpeg from an ipad (and email). 

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for sharing your infographics (which looks great by the way) and use case. In the long term, we do have plans to support custom infographics on the BA Mobile App. In the short term, we will work to improve handling the Infographic exports for the iPad in a future product release.  

We appreciate your valuable feedback. Please keep it coming.

0 Kudos
ColinBranson1
New Contributor III

Create a button where you can share the jpeg/pdf via email from within business analyst. So you dont have to export, then go to outlook/gmail and send as an attachment. 

Also, create more symbol options. A graphic artist could create like 100 + in one day. More options the better.

0 Kudos