No longer an ArcMap free trial?

08-09-2017 01:10 PM
TylerMiller4
New Contributor

Is there no longer a way to get a 60 day free trial of ArcMap 10.5?  I can only find the option to download ArcGIS Pro?

11 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That is correct.  Pro is the only trial version... can't put my hand on the link, but that is what is available now

Alternatives.... arcgis-for-personal-use

If you are with an educational institution you should be able to get both arcmap and pro

TylerMiller4
New Contributor

Not real familiar with Pro...how similar is it to ArcMap?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That would be sort of many similar functionalities (in 64 bit) with different look. Also a single frame to view data in 2D and 3D. 

You might like to check the free training by Esri Getting Started with ArcGIS Pro| Esri Training 

Also the video ArcGIS Pro: An Introduction| Esri Video 

And For ArcMap users—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Think Location
TheodoreF
Occasional Contributor II

Yes I've just discovered this too. I was planning on trialling ArcMap but it's not offered anymore. Shame!

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

At the beginning of this year Esri made a statement that ArcGIS Pro is now the main desktop application. When you buy a license of ArcGIS Pro, you will still have access to ArcMap, the idea is that you start using ArcGIS Pro. Although, ArcMap will still be around for many years to come, the 32 bit com technology it is based on, is not something that is "future-proof". All new features will be release for ArcGIS Pro and many of them will not be present in ArcMap. ArcGIS Pro is the future. 

The trail software is meant for people to try the software out before buying it. If the user is new to ArcGIS Desktop it is best to start using ArcGIS Pro and not ArcMap.

Could you elaborate on why you want to use ArcMap in trail and not want to use ArcGIS Pro?

TheodoreF
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.

I want ArcMap because I'm skilled in that program and am trying to rebuild some complex mapping projects this week. I don't have time to invest in learning Pro. Not yet at least!

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you are working on a personal, non-commercial project, you could opt for ArcGIS for Personal Use.

Think Location
RichardWierengo
New Contributor

I'm trying to do that. However, it wants me to use an authorization code. One I do not have. I never got one.

0 Kudos
AlejandraEpiscopo1
Esri Contributor

Hi Richard,

You can contact your Esri Distributor to request the ArcMap trial.

0 Kudos