How to resize Colorbox in Story Map Shortlist?

Jump to solution
08-10-2017 01:55 PM
MorganMoe
New Contributor

I am in the process of creating a shortlist style Storymap. I am using an older version of the application 1.4.9 because I would like to have HTML in the details pop-up (I am looking to embed a 3D model). This I can achieve no problem but I can't seem to figure out where in the code to modify the size of the colorbox itself. 

Here is my problem: The model embeds nicely in the description area but you can't see all of it, have to scroll. 

This story map has the large pop ups that I would like to have NOAA Example . 

Does anyone have information on how to achieve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MorganMoe
New Contributor

It took me asking the question to figure it out. 

I replaced the file lib/colorbox/jquery.colorbox-min.js with jquery.colorbox.js from the developers website. This allowed me to set width and height to a percentage (I am not skilled enough to know how to do this with the minified version).

Then I could further modify style.css under .details .rightDiv {} and .details .leftDiv{} to work the way I wanted. 

My embedded models now work nicely. Hope this helps someone else. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MorganMoe
New Contributor

It took me asking the question to figure it out. 

I replaced the file lib/colorbox/jquery.colorbox-min.js with jquery.colorbox.js from the developers website. This allowed me to set width and height to a percentage (I am not skilled enough to know how to do this with the minified version).

Then I could further modify style.css under .details .rightDiv {} and .details .leftDiv{} to work the way I wanted. 

My embedded models now work nicely. Hope this helps someone else. 

0 Kudos
GeneH_Chesco
New Contributor III

How did you get colorbox to work in the popup in general. I've been struggling with this. I can get colorbox to work within a story map as a colorbox window that loads when the page loads and when a link is clicked in a story map, but I haven't been able to get it to work within a popup. 

With all of the great innovations ESRI has made with ArcGIS Online, Story Maps, etc., the map popups/info windows are lacking considerably in comparison. So many of us wish there were more out of the box customizations that could be made to map popups - whether auto-sizing to the content with no need for the scroll bar or custom appearances in general. Colorbox functionality helps some of us get around these limitations. 

0 Kudos