Pro tasks

08-14-2017 11:06 AM
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

Are there shared tasks available to help some one get started, save time creating new tasks, and/or reduce the "recreate the wheel" syndrome?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help Robert but I have watched the videos and they suggest that sample tasks would be available in ArcGIS Online.  I have not been able to find any task available on ArcGIS Online.  The 2016 video Introduction to Tasks shows a task for drawing building footprints - is it available online?  The 2017 video Introduction to Tasks used a Task showing step-by-step how to create new tasks - is it available online?  At the 2017 UC, the presenter indicated there would be a large library of Tasks on ArcGIS Online or through GitHub.  I have not been able to find any.  What am I missing?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Leonard - sorry for the tardy response - teaching classes this week.  I IM'ed the 2 Tech Workshop presenters to see where the 2 .esriTask files you referenced in your response are located as well as a central repository for download.  I'll let you know what I find out.

0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello All,

We (Tasks development team) do plan to publish the tasks we uses in the technical workshop in the UC as well as other samples in the future.

For the meantime, many esri solutions are making extensive use of tasks for different industries and functional areas that might relate to you.

Here are a few: 

You can also contact esri technical support for any question.

Once you have a great task, it would be great if you use it to share your knowledge with others on ArcGIS Online.

Amir