How to change fonts used in the Shortlist app template?

Jump to solution
08-14-2017 07:21 AM
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to apply some font changes to my Shortlist  app template- I have seen blog posts on how to change fonts in other apps

https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/jazz-up-your-story-maps-with-google-fonts-65f4cefb38f8 

Story Maps Developers' Corner: Customizing the ... | GeoNet 

...and an old reference to customizing the shortlist banner (Customizing the Shortlist Story Map banner | ArcGIS Blog ) but this article seems out of date with the new app template where you can insert custom CSS rules in the index.html. How would I apply a Google font to the current Shortlist template? Or just apply a consistent font in the app? 

I downloaded the code from Github and am hosting on my own server. I downloaded the 'downloadable' one and not the entire source code. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney

The blog post in the developers corner should get you going in the right direction.  You can set the font-family for the body of the app, but may find you will have to target more specific elements like the header or other elements to get the right font to stick.

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkCooney

The blog post in the developers corner should get you going in the right direction.  You can set the font-family for the body of the app, but may find you will have to target more specific elements like the header or other elements to get the right font to stick.

Mark

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone on the board had done this for Shortlist already. The blog post is helpful and I followed those instructions. But since the elements differ between apps I am having trouble finding the ones I want to change. I am not a developer so unless the names are obvious when I poke around in the code I do not know which to change. I got one (subtitle) to change and that's about it. I now have to weigh the cost/benefit of attempting to figure out  how to find which elements do what with actually delivering the app to my user w/as many as his asks I can do w/my (limited dev) skills

And sorta related... any chance the app will get out its beta status that is going on years now? Or is it more likely this will get replaced by something bigger and deffer? I know map tour and shortlist are similar - would be great to have an app that could utilize either layout (tab or filmstrip) but for now, my user wants tabs so here I am. Thanks again-

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi,. I can address your second point. You guessed correctly that we'd like to keep Shortlist in beta status because we are actively working on a brand new app that would, you guessed correctly again, enable authors to create place-based stories using either a Map Tour-like or Shortlist-like look and feel, with both looks getting a visual makeover, and support for requested features like easy integration of multiple images per place. We don't have a release schedule for this app yet. Existing Story Map Tours and Shortlists will still work after we release that app.

Rupert

0 Kudos
SallyChudleigh1
New Contributor II

Hi Rupert

Do you have an approximate timeframe on when this new template may be released? i.e this September update or sometime next year? Are you able to tell us the extra features you intend to integrate? Thanks

0 Kudos