Annotation Labels not editable ?

Jump to solution
08-14-2017 08:09 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

So when I am working on a project of a ski area, I was setting up an annotation in a File Geodatabase. Now with everything I had set up and things change and I had to go back to this annotation geodatabase and I need to fix them.

It is funny thing that It would not let me move and even I cannot select it.

I tried to do that in ArcGIS Pro but it would not allow any editable.

Can anyone out there help me ?

I am using ArcGIS 10.3.1 . 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - first thing to try is create a new file geodatabase and copy/paste to the new gdb.  Can you edit the new annotation feature class in the new gdb?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What is your license level?  Editing annotation requires a Standard or Advanced license.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Advanced

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Did you upgrade the annotation using ArcGIS Pro by chance?  If so, then it will not be recognized in ArcMap at all.

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

No, I did not upgrade the annotation to ArcGIS Pro. It was done in ArcMap 10.3.1. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - first thing to try is create a new file geodatabase and copy/paste to the new gdb.  Can you edit the new annotation feature class in the new gdb?

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Yes I did that before I post this question. I do not know why this way works but I think the old geodatabase I had may have different reference scale settings ?

P.S. I revised to give you more detail...

So the annotation I have I set the Reference scale as 1:7,500. The symbol Collection I have has two. The Scale Range I set is Show annotation at all scales. I enabled the Editing Behavior.

In the Layout I am working on is set to 1:8,500.  If I zoom in or out ,it does not show but when I am above 1:24,000 it shows up..

Is there anything you want to know or might point the problem ?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Perhaps.  When you create geodatabase annotation, it does use a reference call in the interface.  It shouldn't prevent editing though.  So with the copy/paste technique, does it now work?  If so, then you could delete the original feature class and copy/paste the new one into the original geodatabase.

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Yes I could do that and test it.