delete rows in replica

08-14-2017 11:36 AM
Arturo_FranciscoAcosta_Bazán
Occasional Contributor

In a process of replica (two ways)  - ArcGIS Server 10.4 - SQL Server
Create replica -- Sync changes , After a certain period of time
decided to delete records,( delete rows )
Subsequently perform a load  features, these changes will be reflected in the replica ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Not sure what you mean by 'perform a load features' but I'll try:  in a two way replication environment, any changes you make to the child or the parent will be "inherited" to the other respectively when you synchronize your replicas. 

The edits you make may be as insignificant as single digit difference in a numeric attribute, or as major as a complete geometric change of a feature, including deletion.

If you load features into the parent, those features will appear in the child once you sync.  If you load features into the child, they will appear into the parent once you sync.

Hope this helps-

That should just about do it....
Arturo_FranciscoAcosta_Bazán
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joe ,  new elements ( features ) using geoprocessing " in ArcCatalog -> load --> load  data"  in a feature class empty ( previously  using geoprocessing  "delete rows"  x example 80 features  that this feature class ) with 50 features x example.

thanks for reply

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I've always used the simple data loader ( right click on a given feature class in ArcCatalog and select 'load').  I use that approach if I want to add data to a feature lass or table without deleting any existing data.

If you have the need to delete all the features in a given feature class, you can use the Delete Features tool to do so.  This is something I do on a routine basis: delete features to empty out a feature class followed by an append tool which brings in features from a different feature class with different attribute schema.  In model builder you set up the append tool once with the 'no test' option that allows you to map the attributes. Set it and forget it; you could also do that in python....

That should just about do it....