Exporting Data Driven Pages to Zip files

08-16-2017 05:06 AM
Labels (1)
benildeoudiane
New Contributor II

Hi,
Am trying to update download files of our platform. Someone advised me to use the data driven pages, which allowed me to arrange the sheets. Now I have to export every sheet to a single zipFile, is there a way to do it with an automatic function ? 
The "Extract data task" can do it just one by one while I have a hundred sheets.

4 Replies
JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Benilde.

You have a couple of options to be more efficient with your issue. When exporting DDPs, under the "Pages" tab, choose the "All" button and at the bottom, choose the "Single PDF File" under "Export Pages As:". All pages will be in one PDF.

If you have Adobe Pro, you can combine all your PDFs into one file by Create/Combine Files into one PDF. Just add the files by and arrange as needed.

Now, in Windows Explorer, right click the file/Send to/Compressed zipped folder. Place the zipped folder in your upload platform.

I hope this helps.,

Joe

benildeoudiane
New Contributor II

Oh I'm sorry I was not concise in my question; In fact the sheets I want to export, I want them in vector (shp) not image

JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

Got it. FYI, ".ai" is an export choice and is vector.

benildeoudiane
New Contributor II

Yes of course, "Ai" is. But the old files are in shapefile format I can't change it. I would appreciate I you had a piece of code that does it well. 
Thanks a lot for your disponibility.

0 Kudos