Is it possible to edit related table data in a web map?

08-16-2017 07:15 AM
MeganJohnson
New Contributor III

Is it possible to edit related table data in an ArcGIS Online web map published using ArcGIS for Server? I am setting up a hydrant inspection web map and have a related table to store inspection information. I configured popups to show the fields from the related tables but cannot enable editing for those fields, even though editing is enabled on the table.

Is this functionality available in a web map or only through Collector?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SarojThapa1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Megan,

You can edit the related tables in popups in an ArcGIS Online web map. You said your map service is published using ArcGIS for Server. To be able to edit, your service should be a feature service, not a map service. Can you please check if "Edit" is enabled as Supported Operations? If not, then you can republish the feature service enabling EDIT operation in the Capabilities.

When you add that edit enabled feature service in your AGOL map and click a feature, you should see an EDIT option between ADD and BASEMAP like in the following web map.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=4aaf8d41270247e0b40197dcb3d59d70 

Good luck!   

0 Kudos
MeganJohnson
New Contributor III

It is published as a feature service, not a map service. Editing is enabled on both the hydrant layer and the inspection related table. 

I configured the popups to show the related data. When editing a feature in my AGO map, the fields from the related table are not shown and cannot be edited. However, when accessing the same web map using Collector app I am able to create new records in the related table. Is this functionality only supported in Collector and not a web map?

0 Kudos
AnninaHirschi_Wyss1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Megan, I had the same issue. From the Web Map it looks like it's not possible. But with Web AppBuilder, you can configure the Edit Widget to allow editing of related tables. Yet it's quite tedious, too many clicks needed IMHO...

0 Kudos